Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May Day!!!

Do you remember making May baskets out of construction paper, filling them with freshly picked flowers (whatever was blooming at the time, even dandelions), and hanging them on your neighbors front door? Those were the days, weren't they? Such an innocent time, I long for those less stressful days.

I have been working hard to relax, hmmm, isn't that a conundrum? In this day and age, life is too fast, hectic, and may I say, chaotic? Technology doesn't always bring happiness. Simplicity is now what I strive for in my life. Do you feel the same way?
Do children today even know what a May pole is? This is so lovely!

4 comments:

  1. I never did the maypole dance. Tell us more!

    It looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 42 and don't remember every celebrating May Day. My generation on seems to be at quite a loss. At this age, I have, finally, learned slow and steady ENJOYS the race:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm only 49, but have found memories of taking May baskets to my neighbors. The May pole dance, I've never actually done. But, it is a group of people around a pole with colored ribbons. Every other person either goes clock-wise or counter clock-wise, and in and out of one another. This braids the ribbons on the May pole. It used to be a fertility ritual....way back when!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we need to get back to celebrating May Day...I love the may pole! How lovely....Have a wonderful weekend...julie

    ReplyDelete